The foundation funds a number of activities for OpenBSD to ensure that we have infrastructure to support development, and that developers can meet and move the OS forward.
The foundation's fundraising activities for 2014 are ongoing.
- The foundation is transitioning to the New Canadian Federal Not For Profit Act
- The foundation funded developer expenses and venue for the g2k14 General Hackathon in Lujbljana, Slovenia.
- The foundation funded the purchase of new equipment for a release signing infrastructure. Some equipment for this was independantly purchased by M:Tier.
- The foundation funded a new out-of-band console network for the Project's development and build facilities.
- The foundation funded some developer expenses for the n2k14 Hackathon in Dunedin, New Zealand..
- The foundation funded developer accommodation and event expenses for the b2k13 Hackathon in Berlin, Germany.
- The foundation funded the 2013 electrical costs for the project's build and development infrastructure.
- The foundation funded developer accommodation and event expenses for the m2k14 Hackathon in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- The foundation funded OpenBSD's networking costs for the primary sites.
- The foundation funded continued membership in Cybera, which enables OpenBSD to connect directly to Internet 2 for better educational institution connectivity.
- The Foundation will be receiving support from the Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative. A request was made to support the software developed in the OpenBSD ecosystem which is used by the rest of the community, especially OpenSSH. The CII funding will support infrastructure and network improvements to benefit the projects. The CII has also funded a modest fellowship for project lead Theo de Raadt.
- The Foundation has requested funding from the Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative to support accelerated development of LibReSSL.
During 2013 The Foundation received $30,949 in new donations and received $32,000 in donations from the Old OpenBSD Paypal for a total of $62,949 in revenue.
During 2013 the Foundation paid out $54,914 to support it's activities.
During 2012 The Foundation received $19,851 in donations.
During 2012 the Foundation paid out $40,700 to support it's activities.